« Back to Champions page
J Todd Fernandez
Joined on: July 1st, 2009
Todd (Tif) Fernandez believes we are stronger when act on principles. To this end, he is working to include LGBT people equally in the full compliment of America's Civil Rights Laws via The American Equality Bill (http://bit.ly/AEBnow). To advance that approach, he seeks to engender a coalition movement based on transparency and public involvement wherein the thousands of community organizations and millions of equality activists can participate directly in their own liberation. He is also a composer, holds a Masters of Law in Human Rights from the Univ. of Pretoria, South Africa, and was formerly General Counsel & Legislative Director for Economic Affairs and Governor's Ombudsman for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Recent Posts by J Todd Fernandez
Recent Comments by J Todd Fernandez
- "Not sure what happened to the link on the Kors piece... but it was there before." on IS THIS APRIL FOOLS? REP. POLIS PROMISES FULL LGBT EQUALITY BILL!!
- "Beautiful. Thank you Queer Rising!" on Thank You Queer Rising for Helping get Marriage Equality in NYC
- "UPDATE: Rep. Frank decided NOT to refile ENDA yet. Read the details here, and note HRC's acceptance of whatever Mr. Frank decides to do (or not do)." on A MESSAGE TO LGBT EQUALITY CAUCUS: OPEN THE PROCESS
- "The picture is unrelated to the story and action, but the message isn't." on OVER 300 EMAILS FLOOD REPUBLICAN HOUSE OFFICE to STOP THE DOMA RESOLUTION
- "Ban Ki-Moon, and Rice - make international call for decriminalizing same-sex acts. Rice points figure back at Congress on DADT!
ttp://www.cbsne" on Hats Off for International Human Rights Day! Civil Rights Now? Civil Rights Now!
- "This is amazing. Bravo Appalachian State University students. BRAVO! Civil Rights NOW!
On a more personal note, it's so amazing to hear thes" on Appalachian State University Die-In
- "I support QR always, and I see what you are against, but what is this "for?"" on Join Queer Rising’s “NIGHT MARCH: Tonight, Saturday Our Solidarity Against Hate” March
- "P.s. Of course laws don't make "homophobia illegal" any more than it made "racism" illegal, but by outlawing action based on discriminatory intentions" on NY Civil Rights Activists Enter Day 8 of Vigil for The American Equality Bill Demanding that Gillibrand Take Action to Make Homophobia Illegal.
- "I hear you about priorities! Re: marriage, according to Constitutional scholars and marriage equality advocates, we can not pass a federal law forci" on GetEqual’s Fabulous ENDA Timeline has a MAJOR MISLEADING FLAW. ENDA, in truth, is a “SEPARATE WATER FOUNTAIN” for the Gays.
- "Jennifer, we've segued from ENDA to The AEB, which is fine.
What you say is exactly the movement-strategy angle for the AEB - to have something we" on GetEqual’s Fabulous ENDA Timeline has a MAJOR MISLEADING FLAW. ENDA, in truth, is a “SEPARATE WATER FOUNTAIN” for the Gays.